Friday, September 14, 2012

London - what did I learn

As Jo posted the London section last thing one night, and I couldn't be bother contributing I figured I'd better add my few pearls of wisdom

What I did I learn in London.

1. Four days cannot do this place justice. There is so much to see. Next time I'm skipping the usual touristy stuff and looking for some  more out of the way things

2. Buckingham Palace was surprisingly interesting. This Rembrandt painting of a Shipbuilder and his wife was the most amazingly lifelike painting I've ever seen. This photo from Wikipedia does not do it justice




3. Cameron has a better sense of direction (at times) than me. He realised the bus was going the wrong way (I did as well but he was first)
.

4. A GPS equipped smart-phone is a godsend when you have no sense of direction.

5. English ale, served at room temperature, is very tasty. 

6. London can be pretty expensive, some attractions are pretty dear, but others like the dead zoo (Natural History Museum) are free (if you ignore the donation box). One of the best things to do is just walk around the city looking at all the amazing buildings.

7. It is quite easy to get on the wrong train... Thankfully it's easy to get off at the next station and get on one going the right way... I only did this twice..

Well that's it for this short post. Your normal programming will resume shortly.....

Cheers

Calum




No comments:

Post a Comment