Monday, September 17, 2012

Last week - What did I learn

Here's another post in the things I (Calum) have learnt recently

1. Driving at speed limit (70 mph) on the motorway, but getting passed because your not going fast enough still takes some getting used to.

2. McDonalds hasn't dominated the fast food landscape here, like it has in Australia.

3. People who think they are doing it tough in Australia should come here for a while. As we spent 4 hours wandering around the less well off areas of Bristol this week waiting for our laundry to be done, I was struck by the amount of Hospice/ second hand shops (my old man would love it!). They are everywhere. This country is clearly not as well off as we are.

4. After nearly 10 days of a cooked breakfast (2 Pork Sausages, 2 eggs, 3 rashers of bacon and 1- 2 Hash Browns, with Baked beans, Juice and Coffee) every day I am nearly over them... I reckon there is only a day or 2 left before I'll need to detox. The upside is I don't need to eat anything until dinner, and even then I'm not that hungry. Makes for a cheap day food wise... If only the rest of the family would adopt my thrifty ways :-)

5. Jo doesn't like diesel cars without manual handbrakes, they seem to stall an awful lot. I however have had little trouble master this new type of machine, I put that down to being a male and being from NZ.....

6. It's amazing the people you bump in to on the other side of the world. Whilst waiting for the train back from Duxford I met a guy I know through my model club. And yesterday we met a guy working in castle in the middle of nowhere who'd been married on the South Coast of NSW....

7. Wales is a bi-lingual country, therefore every sign is printed in English and Welsh. Welsh for Exit is Allen.... Thus the sign reads Allen  /  Exit......

I had to explain to Cam this is not the Alien Exist .......

That's all for now folks....... 

Cheers

Calum


1 comment:

  1. Hi Calum I heard that it's your birthday today have a great day and get spoilt rotten

    Love Joannie

    ReplyDelete